Prospective Driver Requirements
Prospective drivers, including those with proof of recent driving school graduation, must meet all of the following requirements to be considered for employment:
- 23 years of age or older
- No alcohol related violations in the past 5 years
- No serious moving violation in the past 3 years
- Including 15 mph or greater, reckless driving, following too close, or license suspension for points or hazmat violation
- No accident-related violations in the past 3 years
- Including leaving the scene of an accident, hit and run, or failure to report
- Less than 3 minor moving violations in the past 3 years
- No DOT recordable, preventable accidents in the past 3 years
- No felonies in the past 7 years
- No misdemeanors in the past 7 years
- Including theft, dishonesty, fraud, drug-related misdemeanor, domestic violence, battery, or firearm-related misdemeanor
- No more than 6 jobs in the past 3 years
- Never refused a drug screen or have had a positive drug screen
- While we do accept recent driving school graduates, WEL will provide addition training.
- For experienced drivers, we require that all applicants have a minimum of 150,000 miles of over-the-road experience.
WEL is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration (as required by applicable federal and state law) without regard to race, age, creed, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation.